A Happier Learning Environment
Parents of able students tell us that they want their child to benefit from high academic standards and the opportunity to study with students of a similar ability. They worry their child will lose confidence in the ‘sink or swim’ hothouse environment of a traditional single sex grammar school. We have listened to their views and have an exciting solution – our Grammar Stream. Able students need to experience a blend of outstanding teaching, consistently high expectations and individualised guidance and support – all possible within our Grammar Stream experience.
A co-educational grammar stream is unique – boys and girls are used to working and socialising with one another in primary school. Progressing into a mixed secondary school is not only comfortable and familiar to them but can also be a real advantage both developmentally and socially. Philosophically, politically, or socially some parents are simply not in favour of selective education, preferring instead the option of a ‘Grammar Stream’ within a wide ability school.
Maplesden Noakes offers your child the very best of both worlds within a mixed school. Our Grammar Stream is the right choice for all the right reasons: co-educational setting, excellent facilities and challenging curriculum.
Children are far happier learning in a co-educational setting
Maplesden Noakes offers your child the very best of both worlds within a mixed school.
The right choice for all the right reasons.
At Maplesden Noakes we have a large number of very able students who want to be challenged academically in a co-educational and highly supportive setting. For these students we have our Grammar Stream where they will be:
• Taught in the Grammar Stream class for all subjects.
• Learning together in a mixed environment.
• Supported through extensive academic and pastoral mentoring.
• Expected to make one full grade of progress in all subjects in one year through the use of highly aspirational targets.
• Offered all the EBacc subjects at GCSE: English Language, English Literature, Mathematics, a Modern Foreign Language, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, History and Geography.
• Able to visit universities and forge links with university student ambassadors.
• Progressing into our dynamic and successful Sixth Form.
Download the Grammar Stream Prospectus by clicking here.