Here at Maplesden Noakes we have a large number of high performing students who want to be challenged academically in a co-educational and highly supportive setting. For these students we have our Grammar Stream.
Parents of high performing students tell us that they want their child to benefit from high academic standards and the opportunity to study with students of a similar level of performance. They worry their child will lose confidence in the ‘sink or swim’ hothouse environment of a traditional single sex grammar school. We have listened to their views and have an exciting solution – our Grammar Stream. High performing students need to experience a blend of outstanding teaching, consistently high expectations and individualised guidance and support – all possible within our Grammar Stream experience.
A co-educational grammar stream is unique – boys and girls are used to working and socialising with one another in primary school. Progressing into a mixed secondary school is not only comfortable and familiar to them but can also be a real advantage both developmentally and socially. Philosophically, politically, or socially some parents are simply not in favour of selective education, preferring instead the option of a ‘Grammar Stream’ within a high performing school.
Maplesden Noakes offers your child the very best of both worlds within a mixed school. Our Grammar Stream is the right choice for all the right reasons: co-educational setting, excellent facilities and challenging curriculum.
Maplesden Noakes offers your child the very best of both worlds within a mixed school. The right choice for all the right reasons.
At Maplesden Noakes we have a large number of high performing students who want to be challenged academically in a co-educational and highly supportive setting. For these students we have our Grammar Stream where they will be:
- Taught in the Grammar Stream class for all subjects.
- Learning together in a mixed environment.
- Supported through extensive academic and pastoral mentoring.
- Expected to make one full grade of progress in all subjects in one year through the use of highly aspirational targets.
- Offered all the EBacc subjects at GCSE: English Language, English Literature, Mathematics, a Modern Foreign Language, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, History and Geography.
- Able to visit universities and forge links with university student ambassadors.
- Progressing into our dynamic and successful Sixth Form.